NE corner. Wow the beams and columns look amazing and even with the drywall you can sort of get the idea.
Here is a pic of the primer on, and then move to ecru/beige. In the evening it looks far more beige that when daylight is illuminating the walls. We got a whole stack of mistints for 6 bucks, and "boxed" them (that means mixing a bunch of similar paints) which was a screaming deal considering the cost it would have been to cover ALL those walls at retail. The result is slightly beige which both of us are very happy with. It is warm and with all the natural light coming in those enormous windows, it has a really cozy feel.
This one needs a bit of explaining. The left hand corner is the kitchen wall (the pipes are staying white and the background is the aforementioned beige) and there is a little sliver of the gray/blue window wall. On the right is another sliver of the window wall which i included so you could see how different the color of the window wall looks in different lights. The gray wall was a Tyler/Kevin collaboration and it looks amazing, I am hoping to get a good shot of it when we move the pile of stuff (bottom) out of the way.
Thanks to all the helpers! Here is Tricia, but Jeff, Aaron, Kevin also helped a bunch.
But this post really is for Tyler. Ever since the chemicals got involved, he has pretty much done everything except for some minimal taping and errand running. Granted, I have been making some SWEET sandwiches for his lunch tin.
Since these photos were taken, Tyler has tackled the first coat of the floor sealer, I have been packing boxes with Annie and Lindsey and we are negotiating when our trip to IKEA will occur to get kitchen cupboards.
Another piece of juicy news is that my Uncle Paul has offered some wood working services in teh form of a kitchen table and perhaps bench or chairs! Hot diggity! More about that later.
Tyler has been dilligently mudding, painting and so on for weeks it seems like--with the help of many friends, and it is starting to look like a living space! I am so excited. I don't have recent photos yet--they are all on Tyler's camera and so much has changed in the last week. I will do a big huge chronological progress post about that when I get all the photos. It's gonna be great. For now, here is a sketch-up drawing that Tyler did to show our next project to tackle. We need to somehow build a nursery and in so doing, we should get a partial second floor. Right now we are looking at pre-fab steel mezzanines that we could assemble ourselves and break down if need be. Then we might walls that roll away and so forth so we can change the configuration of the space at will and have privacy for the baybee. The second picture is at least two months old and shows the bathroom, next to which the mezzanine would be constructed. And that little white, glowy space between the bathroom and the red, second floor will be be a built in closet area. So much more later!
I did a wedding invite for two friends this summer who were so lovely and fun and it turned out sooo cute. Then, the took the art and had a stamp made which they used on cocktail napkins (awesome!) and on their thank you notes. I don't have a pic of the cocktail napkins, but I am going to see if I can get one!
AND last year I made Annie, my sister, a case for a hot water bottle that she fell in LOVE with. She liked it so much, she named it Buddy (which is the most darling and brilliant name ever. She should get a job naming things.) and she uses it so much, it has gotten tattered and worn. So, this year, I went all out with fancy, durable fabrics and made Buddy a new suit! I made a paper pattern somewhere that I ought to hone with my most recent improvements, but they are pretty easy to just trace and sew!