9.09.2009

Projects!


I have been a busy bee and there is more to come. First, I made the dress a few posts down, then I made these cloth napkins. Now, I am almost done with a laundry bag that will hang on Finn's crib. (When he gets a crib!!) For now it will hang on the dresser next to his channging table, that, after all these projects has far less fabric in it!

I mentioned a few posts ago that I was going to try and make interlocking fabric pieces like the paper in the picture and I just went through all my quilting stuff and pulled all of the solids. This what I've got and I think it's going to be a great palette. The only this I need to go get is some stuff called TimeTex to make the pieces stiffer and more structural. I did a first run and they were ultra flimsy, so I am hoping timetex will solve that. More on that soon.

My mom made all the bridesmaids in Annie and Kevin's wedding bags and this is mine. I LOVE it!

I bought this fabric in New HAmpshire without a plan for it, then got really excited about making a shirt, then realized there's not quite enough. So...not sure what is going to happen with that. Maybe it will be an apron.

And one last shot of the guy. He is super giggly lately and has so many new tricks. He grabs his feet, makes noises like is a dinosaur going extinct (over and and over and over as if he were practicing to play said dinosaur role in a play and wanted to get it PERFECT). He rolls from his tummy to his back. He reaches out and grabs things, swings them around, then releases them across the room. He likes to scratch stuff with his finger tips and this is particularly fun for him while he is nursing--argh! He seems like he'll be sitting up pretty soon and we are going to give him a plastic cup to play with so he gets used to putting it to his mouth--exciting. I can't wait to have him at the dinner table with us. That will be really cool.

No comments: